Battlefield 4 Confirmed for PlayStation 4 and XBOX ONE

Discussion in 'Battlefield 4' started by DeltaHawk5, May 21, 2013.

1. deltahawk5

deltahawk5 Member

http://www.ea.com/news/the-wait-is-over

2. Natetendo83

Natetendo83 Member

Prone not confirmed?

Pre-order canceled.

3. Whipgeezbrut

Whipgeezbrut Member Green Donor

so the pc will get a port from PS3 and 360

then the PS4 and xbox "one" (lol) will get a port from the pc version, a port of a port

4. Squadwin

Squadwin Member

PC-> PS4/XBOX one -> ps3/360

That is how frostbite 2-3 scales.

I wonder how sales on the new platforms are going to be.

5. blondbassist

blondbassist Member Green Donor

Hopefully the PC port is from the next gen consoles, Then theres only a 3 year tehnology gap this time :troll:

4 people like this.
  6. deltahawk5

deltahawk5 Member

I'm not keeping my hopes up. DICE seems to have a very strict philosophy that "all platforms should be equal".

2 people like this.
  7. Squadwin

Squadwin Member

As much as i hate that, i saw that PC got a lot more work and content that the other platforms. But it is indeed an issue that holds PC's back.

Also i prefer to keep my expectations low, but my hopes high. As much as i know that DICE won't do it i won't let the dream battlefield die :)

8. deltahawk5

deltahawk5 Member

I am baffled by this statement. It is not even remotely close. I am honestly at loss for words.

5 people like this.
  9. Squadwin

Squadwin Member

If you've played battlefield 3 on consoles you will know.

Also worth mentioning is that the gap is not a whole lot more, but not as small as we usually make it out to be.

10. blackmesatech

blackmesatech Member

This will still hold true, the weakest link will still limit the rest.

I am curious if they plan on releasing on all those platforms at the same time that means there's a minimum release date for the PS4/Xbox One correct? I don't remember seeing a release date for the next gen systems so I keep wondering about that. If they get delayed in anyway this could be quite entertaining.

11. rukqoa

rukqoa Moderator Staff Member

They'll release on time for the rest and take your money anyway. Pretty much how they handled BF1943 for PC.

12. Kamikaze_Urmel

Kamikaze_Urmel Member Platinum Donor

Sooooo, why don't we kill off the weakest link in the chain then?
    *hint*all consoles*hint*

13. deltahawk5

deltahawk5 Member

The PS4 and the One are fine. Knowing DICE and their masterful patching process, the PS3 and 360 versions definitely needed to be killed off. Of course, that won't happen because $$$.

14. Sebastos

Sebastos Member

Should just make 2 versions.. one With CQ Large for PC/PS4/Xbox1 and one with other shite modes for the old gen.

15. woess

woess Member

oh really EA ?

i'm so surprised :rolleyes:

16. Mjolnir

Mjolnir Banhammer of Thor Staff Member

Am I the only one that was not "astonished" by the power of FB3?

4 people like this.
  17. Kamikaze_Urmel

Kamikaze_Urmel Member Platinum Donor

But my point still stands. If we really want to kill off the weakest link in the chain, we would have to kill every "major" console that has and will be released(with major I mean XBoX and Playstation. Wii+WiiU is fine, they don't hold back anything)
    :awesome:

- - - Updated - - -

The only astonishing thing is how the PR-Guys can live with all the lies they tell :neucoffee:

18. xyzeratul

xyzeratul Member

if they really want to do that, the next day we will see DICE cancel the PC verison
    it starts to feel like COD engines, almost the same every year, change some texture and lighting render options u have a new game....well fuck it, at lest COD has better art directions.

Last edited: May 22, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  19. leblackdragon

leblackdragon Member

The astonishing power of FB3 indeed! Lies, lies, lies and still more lies, and the stupid and gullible target audience will lap up that shit like ice cream. Your engine isn't worth shit if your artists are not up to the mark.

4 people like this.